New York City is known for its fabulous culinary scene, with Michelin-starred restaurants offering some of the best seafood and sushi dishes in the world. Whether you’re a fan of traditional seafood dishes or love the taste of fresh sushi, there are plenty of places in NYC to indulge your cravings. Here are some of the best Michelin-starred restaurants to dine in NYC, from seafood to sushi.
1. Le Bernardin: With three Michelin stars, Le Bernardin is a must-visit restaurant for seafood lovers. Led by chef Eric Ripert, the restaurant offers a range of innovative seafood dishes that highlight the freshest catches of the day. Some of the standout dishes include the fluke sashimi with jalapeno, and the red snapper with black truffle.
2. Masa: If you’re looking for an unforgettable sushi experience, Masa is the place to be. With a whopping three Michelin stars, this restaurant serves up some of the best sushi in NYC. Chef Masa Takayama creates a unique omakase menu for each guest, featuring a variety of sushi dishes made with the freshest ingredients. While it’s a bit pricey, the experience is well worth it for sushi aficionados.
3. Sushi Ginza Onodera: Another top-notch sushi restaurant in NYC is Sushi Ginza Onodera, which has two Michelin stars. The restaurant offers a traditional omakase experience, with each dish carefully crafted by the skilled sushi chefs. From the perfectly seasoned rice to the freshest sushi toppings, everything at Sushi Ginza Onodera is a work of art.
4. Aquavit: While not strictly a seafood restaurant, Aquavit offers some amazing seafood and Nordic-inspired dishes that are well worth a visit. With two Michelin stars, the restaurant serves up creative dishes like smoked salmon with roe and dill, and arctic char with sunchoke and horseradish. Don’t forget to try one of their delicious Scandinavian cocktails as well!
5. Gabriel Kreuther: This Michelin-starred restaurant combines French and American cuisine, with a focus on high-end seafood dishes. Some of the standout dishes include the lobster tartine, and the scallops with Meyer lemon and hazelnut. The restaurant is also known for its beautiful decor and impressive wine list.
From classic seafood dishes to innovative sushi creations, these Michelin-starred restaurants in NYC offer something for every palate. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a delicious meal, these restaurants will not disappoint.